October 2016

Monday, November 21, 2016

Trabajar in Maipu

November 21, 2016

Well my brain is going crazy right now so sorry if this doesn't make sense! 

My companion's name is Elder Rios. He is from South Chile. Way cool guy. We get along great. He doesn't speak English, but I speak enough Spanish that I can talk to him about stuff. 

My area is in Miapu. It basically a neighborhood. It is pretty great.

So we have some way cool people for our investigators right now. It is so cool to be able to work with them and see them grow in the gospel. One lady we are teaching has cancer and has 3 month to live. It is pretty sad, but hopefully she will get baptized. We have about 5 people we are trying to get baptized right now and out of the 5 two of them are getting baptized this Saturday. Way cool to actually be in the work instead of studying for it. 

So I don't speak true Spanish. Haha! Out here I am learning Chilean. They speak super fast and only say about half of the word. It is great. I am learning fast and people say that I speak good,so that's a plus! 

So out here when people meet each other they give one another a kiss. So of coarse we were in a lesson and some lady walks through the door. I was looking the other way and next thing I know this lady kisses me on the head. After we left the house my comp couldn't stop laughing. Haha you got to learn to stiff arm the people! 

There are a lot of dogs here! They are sick and don't look good. They bark a ton!  I hear dogs barking all day long!

There are also Haitians that live here. I have to learn some Creel to teach them.  They are way cool people and are way humble. I love teaching them. 

I have been yelled at by a lot of people here and called lots of names. Many people don't like white people, but I love the mission. I am doing very well and we are working super hard. My trainer is great. I couldn't ask for a better situation. 

So one of the cool things is that I live with Elder Fuller. At night we talk in English. It's nice to have someone to talk to about things from home.

I love you all. Keep up the good work!

con amor

Elder Anderson


They misspelled my name on my mission picture in the offices.  I am now Jared.





No comments:

Post a Comment