October 2016

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week Three

October 26, 2016

Well to start off I am ready to get out of the CCM.  It's great and all, but I really want to get out into the field. I want to get out and teach, but I know that I kinda need to learn some Spanish!

So a few things I learned about the West Mission. Its got a lot of Haitians. that speak French and Creole. Some missionaries came into the CCM to go to the doctors office that we have here and they are from the West Mission.  They told me about how people are super willing to be baptized, but they struggle with retention.  It looks like I will be learning french. The other missionaries that have been here for 3 weeks longer left today.  We were all super close, life long friends for sure. You don't think that you can get that close to people in 3 weeks, but trust me its possible. One Elder I am going to miss is Elder Mera he is 24 years old from Peru.  His family disowned him for joining the church. His dad also died on Monday so that was hard.

So let me tell you a little about the town and the options here. There are about 10 different malls within walking distance that I can go to on p-day and there is a Liders down the street. Liders is owned by Walmart. I can pretty much get anything that I want, but no pepper or ranch dressing. There are tons of people selling stuff on the streets, but we don't buy from they though. They raise the prices for Americans.

You were asking about what I want for Christmas and I am not really sure.  Probably 1 or 2 more short sleeve shirts as well as socks and ties, but I think just letters and pictures as well as some wristbands. They let us wear those.

The money system down here runs off of pesos and their bills are in mills. One american dollar is worth 662 pesos. everything here is cheaper. I used my card for the first time today. I only spent a few dollars so let me know if it worked!

So what is going on with Russia and America. Some people say it is getting heated. Please keep me updated on that as well as who becomes president.

Spanish is coming a long. It's super hard, but I just need to keep working at it. Last Sunday we had the South Mission President come and give a talk. He and his wife are super cool. I can't wait to meet my Mission President. On Sunday things are super relaxed. We all write talks for church and the CCM President chooses randomly who will give talks, but I love Sundays here. On p-day we have 2 hours to go into town and then we email and go to the temple. It is so great to go to the temple each week. The temple is super small though, but it is very pretty.

So last night we had to sleep on the second floor. They did a bed bug sweep. Yes we all have bed bugs. You get a few little bites every now and then. Haha, but don't worry.  I am fine.

iIlove you all and thank you so much for everything. I love this missionary work. I cant wait to get out in the field. 

With much love. 

Elder Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment