October 2016

Monday, July 24, 2017

The moment you realize the mission is real

July 24, 2017

Hey Everyone!

So I guess the big news of the week is we had changes! I stayed in my sector, but I am now going to be training a new missionary!!!!!!!! I am so stoked!  I have been looking forward to this responsibility for a while now. I am so excited!  Normally when we know the changes we find out Saturday night who will have changes and then Sunday morning they tell us all the details, but we didn't know any of the details until late last night and even then everything wasn't that clear.  As we all got together this morning I found out that I am also district leader now.  I am super excited to be able to work with my district.  We are all super young in the mission and there is a lot of faith and a ton of energy.  I know that this all will be hard at first, there is a lot of stuff to do, but I really am feeling blessed for this opportunity,

So one thing that I expressed was how hard it is to get investigators to church.  After having 11 people committed to come to church and having only 1 of them show up after passing by every single one of their houses was a little frustrating.  I decided that I will have to go about this in a whole different way, not really sure exactly how I will do this right now, but I am excited to see how things will go.  With my new comp there will be lots of learning on both ends and there will be lots of changes made in us and in the sector and in the ward.

One thing that has changed in the ward since I have been here is that we are now getting all the priesthood brethren together every 2 weeks and we visit alot  of the people that are inactive.  It's actually not showing a whole ton of results on the side of the inactive members, but it is for sure changing the hearts of the people in the ward.  There may be very few members, but each and every one of them are starting to help in the work and eventually we will see the fruits of our labors.

So with my new comp I won't get to meet him until tomorrow late.  Today all the trainers were in meetings with President as he was giving us council on training.  At this point he says he doesn't even have the assignments made.

I am excited to write you all next week and to tell you how everything is going! At this point in my mission it is great to look back on myself and change and become even better! My goal is to train my new missionary to be a beast of a missionary, so I need to be a beast of an example! 

I love you all.  I hope you have a great 24th!

Elder Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment