October 2016

Friday, June 2, 2017

Giant empinadas and giant companions



May 2, 2017

Hey Fam!

So this week was pretty good. To start off though I want to share with you some of the scriptures I took to heart and some thoughts I had over the past week.

Alma 5 verses 13 14 15 16 and 57 58  60

Now I know when you think of Alma 5 you thing of some pretty big strong verses that tells everyone to repent. ha ha!  Ya it has that, but it also has a bunch of good things that we can look at and see how we are doing in life. Also, we can see where we need to go. It shows us a lot more clear the path that we can take to become more like Christ. It also shows us that it is possible and we all have the potential to become like Christ. I really love putting it all into perspective. at times it is scary, we don't think we are good enough or that we will ever get there.  I like to look at it as I have a lot to do, but Christ is there showing me what to do. I also like to look back and see what I have done. 

So this past week on Saturday we helped put some trusses up in a house for one of the members. It was pretty good. a little different. this house is made of of pure sheet metal, but it was a great experience to get back behind some tools. The only down side is that working like that showed me that in the mission I have lost all the calluses that I had on my hands! 

This past week El Monte had what they call catam.  It's basically a huge fair. All the people in the big city comes to this, so there are thousands and thousands of people! Us wanting to talk to that many people, we went to the catam and talked to some people.  When we had a minute we went and bought some empinadas, but these were huge! They were full of cheese and shrimp. For sure a good buy!

This past week we had changes. I am still in El Monte.  I hope to be in this small little town for a while, but I got a new companion Elder Lazo.  He is from the northern part of Chile and he is taller than me. I haven't seen a person taller than me in a while! And this guy is topping like 6 foot 6 inches. I am 6 foot 2 inches. It's going to be interesting getting used to being the short comp. Also Elder Lazo is the District Leader. He is really good and works really hard. We honestly work great together and I have a feeling that we are going to do a lot of great things together. He only has 9 months in the mission, but we both work great together. I hope to baptize a lot this change.

I have a great experience that I got to hear about from an Elder in my old area about an investigator. I will wait for Skype to tell you guys, because it is super long. 


I want you all to know, this is the Lord's work.  That I am in the Lord's hands. This truly is the most amazing opportunity in the world and I want you all to know that the Lord has a plan and everything happens for a reason. 

I love you all. 

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment