October 2016

Friday, June 2, 2017

Wedding rings and a baptism



May 29, 2017

Hey Fam,

Well to start off we had a conference with Elder Packer of the 70 this past week. It was really great. We talked a ton about missionaries having the spirit and the importance of the spirit in our lessons, as well as Sister Packer talked about exact obedience.  I had a second to talk to her after the conference, they are such great people.

So I guess the only other big thing this week is that I had another baptism. She is the lady that we have been working with for a while. Saturday at around 2 we had the wedding, just a small deal that she did at her house.  After that we all loaded up in cars and drove to the church. There were a lot of nonmembers at the baptism that were there for the wedding. A lot of people liked the baptism and had questions afterwards.  After her baptism P shared a few words with everyone about everything.  She was a lady that before her baptism you could see the grief and things that her life before had caused her.  As she talked she sobbed tears of joy about how this baptism was so important to her. One thing I forgot to mention was as I was in white and we were about to go take pictures she kept calling me her, "little angel", even though that for sure is not true.  I was touched by her comment, it really was cool to see how big of a difference I have made in her life.  I have helped her start her journey, her next step is to go to the temple with her husband who in the process of teaching P we reactivated. 

Funny story of the week, as we were trying to get the water filled up in the baptism font the hot water didn't work. The water heaters here are on demand water heaters.  When the sense water passing through a batter clicks on and lights the flame. Well the batteries were dead and no one had keys, not even the Bishop to get into the door where the heater was. Long story short with a few papers clips I had the lock turned 4 out of the 5 turns. (All the doors here in Chile are like safe doors) Then the lock smith showed up and did that same thing I did and got it opened.  Ha ha! I just had to turn it one more time! The bishop afterward told me he is a little scared that anyone can get into his house now. Before the mission I was known a little for being able to crack bike locks and stuff. I guess that came in handy to help us baptize a lady in warm water!

These past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about faith, I actually felt inspired to write a quote, here it is in one of the pics!

Love you all! have a great week!

Ha ha!  I will explain the bear next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment