October 2016

Monday, September 17, 2018

Don't Worry, The Missionaries will do it....



                                                                                                            February 26, 2018
Hello guys! 

Aha well the mission has been just fine and dandy this past week. Today I decided to take a trip to Maipu to dump off some papers and baptism stuff at the office so I really enjoyed today seeing tons of my friends that also make their trips to the office, as well as the new elder who lives in my house who needed a few things so while we were waiting for him I got to talk to elder smith who is one of the older couple missionaries here. We talked about my favorite thing. Haha duck hunting, yes, I know all of you are probably laughing. Even though I got tons of time here in the mission duck hunting still rolls through my brain every now and then.

Well I guess the big news of the week is we baptized! We finally got pate in the water after a change of hard work. It was a great baptism and lots of members were able to attend.

As I have talked about our goal to baptize every weekend I really have put a ton of faith in the lord that he will make it all possible. And that as we put in more than everything we got then the lord will bless us. This past week we worked super hard. Poor elder Chaves was so tired every night when we got home. Haha and I was too. Through all our work and things, I know that the people of my sector will be blessed. Really through looking at all the people we have, all the feches we have it is starting to come together, this weekend we should baptize a Hattian named Emilio, he is a great guy who has a baby boy and has been married to his wife for about 2 years, he is a beast, he speaks 5 languages, all 3 that I speak as well as French and Portugues,

One of the biggest things here is that people smoke, many of my fechas smoke, Paty was a hard-core smoker but now doesn’t smoke at all. One of the guys who should get baptized this next march 10th still smokes about 3 a day. We are going to verify with him every day of the week. 

One thing that am super great full for is my comp elder Chavez. He is a super great guy. It is still hard for him with the Spanish and all but he is doing great. His testimony really strikes me in the lessons and to be honest make me a little emotional, elder Chaves leads me by his example and showing his desires for the work and the love for the people, it is so great to have a comp that is so pure in heart for the work of the lord. 

I have found that in life we really need to be more in tune with the spirit, he will tell us everything, I have felt the spirit guide me in many situations in the mission lessons contacts everything, and I know that he will guide all of you in all the decisions you make, many people don’t understand how much the lord really loves them and cares about there every day life. God loves us so much, I really have started to understand what it means to have the constant companionship of the holy ghost.

Sunday was a great day, I ended up participating a whole lot in church. Including confirming Patty, giving a talk that lasted 20 minutes that the bishop sprung on me 5 minutes before church started, as well as teaching the gospel principle class. In my talk I talked about the importance of being self-sufficient as well as my ancestors. In my class I talked about who Christ is and exactly what is he gospel.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Elder Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment