October 2016

Saturday, September 8, 2018

The Smartest Guy In The Room!


                                                                                            
                                                                                                                November 6, 2017
Hey Everyone,



This week I have lots of things to say, haha don’t know if I will get all my thoughts down but let’s give her a try!

Last Saturday we had a conference with the elder Christenson of the 70 and elder teixeira of the 70 as well, it was a super short little meeting with them, it was also with the south mission, there was a little over 400 missionaries there, in the conference there were many things that were said in this conference that will outline my email.

First off we talked about talking with everyone, president Woodward ever since I have gotten in the mission has a quote, hablor con todos, or talk with everyone, throughout the week in my personal studies of the new testament I have found myself looking at how Christ teaches and finds people to teach, and I noticed, he never had to look for people, there were always people around him and he made it his work to talk to them, one example is the woman at the water well, Christ was just there trying to get a drink and started teaching her, in the mission we are taught to talk to people about a third object first, like a conversation starter, Christ’s does just that, then he relates what is going on here to what he wants to teach, in this example he says ( those that drink of this water will satisfy their thirst for only a moment, but he that trinket of the living water shall never thirst) how amazing of a way to teach.

Last week I talked about a guy named Jose who we had a great lesson with him, this week we had another lesson with him, but first let me give you a little background on him, Jose is the kind of guy who thinks he is the smartest guy in the room, he studies a ton, he is very smart, through teaching I found that he believe that he can come through the truth by thinking and researching, in part that is somewhat true, but on somewhat, during this lesson we brought a young member who got home from his mission like 1 year ago, as we were there teaching we all were in tune with the spirit and teaching what we needed to be, the idea was that we were trying to get him to pray, to pray and ask god if these things were true, time and time again he has said ( these Mormons have another idea, I think they are close) but he would never ask god if it was true, which brings out my other point I learned from the conference, it doesn’t matter who is the smartest guy in the room, but the smartest guy isn’t the guy who studies a ton, it’s the guy who is smart enough to know that god is smarter, and to ask god. as I pondered upon these words I thought about how really we can study until we drop, we can earn doctors degrees and spend years studying bible, heck we can spend more than a lifetime studying the life of Jesus Christ, but if we aren’t humble enough to get off our high horse and kneel down and pray and ask god if these things are true, we can never know... no matter how much we study, the holy ghost is an essential part in our conversion, it is impossible to know of the truths of the gospel without the confirmation of the holy ghost.

This past week as part of the challenge of president we put our motors in gear and talked to everyone and tried our best to find new people, and we did, but one thing I learned about talking to everyone is explained good in Mathew chapter 14, where Christ walks on water, but in this part my mind focused a lot of what peter did, about his faith, peter had such faith to first step off the boat, but he needed Christ to save him and help him the rest of the way, back to the boat, first just take a minute, think of that imagery, what a scene,,,,,, in verse 31 it talks about how he could have such little faith, pondering upon this I thought of contacting, stepping off the boat to talk to literally everyone, and then letting the spirit guide us through the contacts, how little of faith I had at many moment to not talk to some people because of what every reason I tried to put in my head.

In the mission there are so many moments that I would love to share with you all, but I hope sharing these ones with you made a deference, have a great week everyone!

Elder Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment