October 2016

Monday, September 17, 2018

Seven Hours with my new Colombian Friends



                                                                                                            April 9, 2018
Sup y’all!

I hope everything is great back on the mainland, here it for sue is starting to cool off, we are having to walk around with jackets and sweaters and it is starting to get dark around 7ish,

The main points of this past week where we found about 3 families........... Yes families, something super hard to find out here! Haha we will see how the progress. Other things that happened were a great trip into the big city right by the temple to go get my 8th ingrown toenail removed, haha ya for sure not great, but it was such a great time to be able to see the temple as we walked by it, I had not seen it since I have been in the ccm, as well as I got to see some old friends, elder and Hermana Atkins from cache valley Utah, they got into the mission the same time I did and they will go home about the same time as well, for sure some lifelong friends, Saturday we helped some people paint there house, and then today we had to go do a part of elder Chaves visa, we waited in a long long long long line for about 6 hours, just waiting to get a number to wait another hour, behind us was a young Colombian couple, I struck up a conversation with them, we hit all sort of topics, we talked a lot about the gospel as well as our lives and exactly what missionaries are, they had never heard of the Mormons before! Haha it was a great chance to explain to them who we are and we gave them a book of Mormon, as the time went by we became great friends, honestly it was dope! They gave us a sandwich to eat because we had no food and had been on foot since 5 am, I got their reference and will send some missionaries to teach them.

In my time at the visa center my creole English and Spanish became very until, I talked to a lot of Hattians, a dude from India, and people from all around Latin America and Spain, I got some weird looks a few times from people wondering what I was doing speaking to all these people, but it was a great chance to talk to a lot of people and talk to them about the gospel and learn of their culture. For example, the dude from India shut me down when I tried to talk to him about Christ, haha but it was great! My Colombian friends got a kick out of me talking my jaw off"

This week was a great week hopefully we will have another baptism here soon, if not this week the next.

I love you all! Take care!


Elder Anderson​




No comments:

Post a Comment