October 2016

Sunday, September 9, 2018

P Day with Herman Woodward


                                                                                                                   December 4, 2017
hello everyone!

today will be a little short and crazy, haha to first explain, today was a great people but crazy, we ended up having to go on the other side of Chile, the side closest to Argentina to a hospital, my comp needed to do a few examines,(not going to go into detail why) but it took about 3 hours from my house to the hospital, Hermana Woodward met us there, we spent the whole day in these hospitals working the system trying to get everything done in one day so we didn’t have to come back another day, today for sure was an English day, my comp speaks English so Hermana Woodward just talked to us in English all day, we talked about everything, it was really great to get an inside on the life of president, what he thinks of the mission and life perspective, after talking with Hermana Woodward I realize how much they are really just trying to run the mission exactly how the lord wants it. and really, I get to see the results, this mission truly is being run by the lord. after all the hospital stuff she took us out to eat at McDonalds, first time in my mission eating McDonalds, it was super great! then after that we ended up going with her to pick up her kids from school, it was cool to get to know one of her kids a little bit more. these kids truly sacrifice a lot of us as missionaries as well.

as far as work is going, haha I am loving it! don’t get me wrong last week was a rough week but me and my comp are working, and working, and it is super great, I get along so well with my comp, we became super great friends super-fast, I see a lot of me in him,(haha he is the same height weight and shoe size as me) as well as he teaches the same way as me and loves walking fast, so that’s a super great thing! 

this week we took the fecha with Claudia and put it for the 8th, this Friday, haha first time I have made a fecha even close!  Claudia really is ready for baptism and really has a really bright future, 

with Estevan he has a fecha for the 16th, he is trying to get his life a little bit in order, he has a kid that is going through lots of surgeries and stuff. his son has 2 years old and he has 27.

we are working with a girl named Loura, this week we want to put a fecha meta with her for the 23, she has attended church a ton just not in the past month. 

my classes of English are getting super hard to teach, especially because I am now teaching them alone! hopefully this new Hermana from the states who just started her mission can help me a bit. teaching English is super hard! but about 30 people come to my class. Hermana Woodward was super impressed with this class and is going to start sending me materials so I can teach a little better.

this Christmas we are really focusing on the light the world project, I only got one more Christmas left in the mission, let’s make the best out of it. 

I really appreciate all the love and prays I get from you all. for sure see them in my life. I can see the lord doing his thing in my life every day. and not even in small ways. today we got into some examines that the next opening would have been the 19th of this month, we prayed and the next thing you know a lady come out and says. you know, I feel like I should let you guys get an appointment today, so she moved a few things around to get us in. 

this morning I prayed for a few special chances to help some people, and those chances came to me, I didn’t have to look for them, we got to talk to a security guard about his life, how he just had a kid and in the testing church. he just finished the book of Mormon and wants to know more, sadly he doesn’t even live in my mission, but we found out that there are missionaries visiting him.

I really love the mission, and Christmas, and working on Christmas as a missionary, haha its super-hot outside but nothing like a little sweaty face to get the people to sit down in the shade for a minute and listen to the Lords message,

love you all.


Elder Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment